Monday, November 29, 2010

Hostile look

It was my first time to pass that part of the beach.  I instantly notice the piercing stare and hostility that is eyeing me. I tried to ignore it and focus on enjoying the breathtaking view of the beach that is part of pacific ocean. The very reason why it has  vast waves flowing to the shore. The wave start as a huge bulge of sapphire blue connoting deepness of that part of the ocean, when it breaks it turns into a crystal white water with a touch of blue reflecting the sky.  I really like that view as I'm watching it in infinity.  I enjoy this perpetual view for almost an hour before I decided to head back to the resort to take a rest. I remove my slippers and slowly waded into the water. I had to walk  a mile-long beach to reach the front of the resort where I was staying. As i was nearing the resort i decided to move to the sand and have my toenails experience natures pedicure by rubbing it with the sand while walking.

There it was again, the stare I dreaded a while ago. This time they were a gang of three throwing an eye on me. They are on the very same spot where I had passed one of them a while ago. I also notice that they position themselves strategically blocking my way so that it will be hard for me to pass without one of them getting a piece of me. I thought of running but I realize that I cannot outrun them judging by the way they are blocking the path. I hold my tripod tightly but i never raise it. I don't want them to sense that I am prepared to swing it on them in case they try to attack me. I walk slowly towards them, tightly gripping my tripod and ready to swing. One of them started to dash towards me and the remaining two follow, my heart was pounding in my chest as i raise my tripod. Its gonna be a blood bath.. before they were able to reached me there was whistle coming from the nearest cottage to where I saw a man sitting.  They immediately turned to the man and sit by him. The man said to me:

"Dili ka mahadlok bay, bootan man ang akong mga ido"

The gang of dogs were like: 

"aw aw aw aw"


as i passed them..

No comments:

Post a Comment